Remember ME - You Me and Dementia

Monday, May 4, 2009

I voted in Protest with difficulty,used 49-0

On 30th April 2009 in Loksabha Election I used 49-0 under people representation act TO PROTEST against Criminal Candidates.Also I did not found any other suitable candidate who wll represent me or do justice to Senior Citizens of India.

It was sad and shocking that Booth election officer and Area Election Incharge Mr.Mohite did not knew about this important Voters power.

Mr.Mohite did not allow me to use this power and asked the police not to allow me to enter the voting room.

But I insisted on excersise my power of not to vote and asked Chief Election officer number.He gave me cell number of Thane Collector.

I called Thane Collector and he asked me why I want to do this and he said he will call me after 5 minutes.It was nice he called me after 7 minutes and asked me to sign the reisgter.

By this time Mr.Mahesh Ahire booth Election Officer showed me the act and aksed me to excersie my power.

After great difficulty and strugle I could utilise 49-0.

Iam happy that I did not vote for criminals and some one else could not do voting in my name.

Hope in next Election Voting is made compulsory with 49-0 voting button on EVM.


Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.

No comments: